The cells inside your body are engulfed in a fluid that is mostly water and the cells themselves range from 70-80% in water content. Water is the biological instrument on Earth and the proponent of all life forms. You get only one body, best look after it!
Your body and its well-being is largely dependent on water, and not just any water, clean and healthy water! Assumptions regarding water cleanliness are made on a daily basis, rightly so? We beg to differ. Tap water has tons of chemicals added to it in order to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. Here is a list of some of the chemicals that can typically be found in tap water, whether by the governing body or natural pollution:
- Fluorine compounds
- Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- Salts of:
Even if the water leaves the source in a relatively clean state, don’t forget that your water travels through pipes, which may have been underground since Victorian times and could therefore contain lead or have leaks allowing all sorts of contaminants into the water.
Given the importance of water to our wellbeing & bodily function, we owe it to ourselves to ensure that the water we drink is as pure & fresh as possible!
Since we don’t all have natural spring water flowing through our backyard, we naturally turn to bottled water. This, however, is not a sustainable approach both financially and environmentally. You can read our article on why buying bottled water is a deadly decision.
Researchers have found that bottled water is subject to far less stringent safety tests which means that bottled water is no safer than tap water and no matter where you live, your tap water is bound to pick up some kind of chemical pollution on its way to your tap; you don’t want to drink, cook or absorb this water through your skin. This is where a whole house water filter/water purifier saves the day!
11 Reasons Why You Need a Home Water Filter System:
- Water filters remove harmful chemicals like chlorine and fluoride from your tap water.
- You will have safer water on-tap at all times.
- They provide better tasting water like the EcoPure Whole House Water Filter System which filters out harmful bacteria, chemicals and provides you with better-tasting water.
- You will be saving money and the environment by drinking your home filtered water instead of buying bottled water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Point-of-use water filtration systems i.e. your kitchen tap, removes lead from the water immediately before consumption.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health and energy.
- Filtered water will reduce gastrointestinal problems.
- You will maintain your goal weight easier with healthier water.
- Clean water reduces skin irritation. Due to the various chemicals found in unfiltered tap water, skin conditions and allergies can be aggravated.
- Since your skin absorbs much more chlorine than you would ingest when you drink water, showering with unfiltered water is a particular no-no; you are surrounded by chlorine-filled steam in a shower cubicle that is created by your shower water spray.