How to set up a PayPal account
2. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click "Sign up."
3. On the following screen, choose whether you're setting up a business or personal account. If you're simply using this to buy and sell on eBay for instance, or to send money to a family member or friend, you'll want to choose "personal" here. Click "Next."
Click "Next" after choosing your account type.
4. On the next page, you'll be asked to enter your legal first and last name and your email address as well as to create and confirm a password. When finished, click "Next."
After entering your new account information, click "Next."
Next, you'll need to enter your mailing address as well as your phone number. When you've completed this information, which is mandatory, click "Agree and create account" and your PayPal account will be created.
How to add a bank account or credit card to your PayPal account
In order to make use of PayPal's ability to send and receive money, you'll need to connect a bank account and/or credit card to your account. To do so, log into your account and then follow these directions.
1. On the summary screen, click the "Wallet" option in the menu bar running along the top of the screen.
2. On the menu running down the left side of the screen, click the "Link a credit or debit card" if that's what you'd like to use with your account. Alternately, if you want to connect your bank account itself, click on the "Link a bank account option." Note that it may be worthwhile to do both to create a source of backup funding in future.
Select whether you'd like to connect a bank account or credit card to your account.
3. Enter the card or bank information you wish to link to your PayPal account and click "Link card" for debit cards or "Link bank account" if you're using that option.
Now, you can send or receive payments from your linked card.
Note that if you're adding a bank account, it will take two to three days for the process to complete as PayPal will deposit small amounts into your account that you will have to enter via the PayPal website to confirm you own the account.